Friday, May 6, 2011

Flagler College

Flagler College happens to be on the site of the first hotel in the nation to have working electricity, and it currently has the largest collection of intact Tiffany stained glass windows in the world. Therefore, it was obvious that Zach and I needed to get inside that building. Did we pay to go on the overpriced tour that didn’t even get you into the dorm space? Of course not. We put on our backpacks, carried around some Nalgene bottles, walked up to Admissions and pretended to be transfer students looking to get a tour of the campus. It sounds like a fool proof plan, right? It was, except for the fact that I forgot how much I hated college campus tours, and as soon as we stepped foot inside admissions I felt the early signs of a rather massive panic attack (I love my parents, but I think we will all agree that I was a shaking little mess by the end of our college searching. One child plus two parents on 20 separate college campus tours equals slightly college phobic child). So, I ditched, fast, and left Zach to fend for himself. Zach then promptly panicked and told the admissions representative that we wanted to transfer in the Spring, not realizing Spring Semester started in roughly 3 weeks. So the admissions representative panicked and flung every piece of paperwork he could at Zach to make sure he could make the final application deadline. When Zach finally located me quivering in a far corner of the building, he had a bundle of paperwork for me too. To the individual who lives at the fake address in Saratoga Springs that we wrote down on all the Flagler forms, we apologize, we hope you are enjoying the Flagler catalog, and perhaps you will be inspired to attend this beautiful college.

We did actually get on the college tour, however if was the next day, which means I had multiple nightmares about being late for my first class, or the test that I forgot to study for. Good Grief. But, the tour was amazing, and totally worth it, and the Tiffany windows are beautiful, and the Hotel is one of my happiest places. And then, before the tour could return to the admissions building, Zach and I took off running down the street because if we went back to admissions we were scheduled for an entry interview. Smooth Zach. But it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment